Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The Captain's Day Out  by Acacea

It was a beautiful place. He’d discovered it while riding out on the Pelennor a week ago. A tiny shaded riverside nook. Tall grasses danced gracefully in the breeze under branches laden heavily with flowers that left a pleasantly lingering scent in the air… just the place for a tired captain to relax in. However, he hadn’t counted on being joined by his new young friend.

“Tho-ron-gil!” It was a sweet voice but tended towards shrillness when excited. He groaned and sat up, abandoning that just right spot that was neither too warm nor too cool in the afternoon sun.

“I’ve marked out all the spots our soldiers can hide in,” the boy told him as he came running up.

“Why don’t you look out for spots for trenches then?” he suggested sleepily, trying to stifle a yawn.

‘I’ve done that already,” Boromir replied brightly, “And I’ve fixed the landing sites for our ships too! And found an alternate campsite for the captain-general. Now can we start the war?”

Thorongil sighed. There was obviously no way out.

“Yes, we can,” he said, smiling tiredly, and set to help the boy pull his toy soldiers and boats out of the box.

***

Written for Rachel/Shadow975 who requested a Thorongil and toddler!Boromir birthday drabble





        

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List