Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Drabbles   by Elendiari22

I'm not sure how this turned out; it's very short, but too long to be a drabble.

The King, after a hard day, oft times used his palantir to look to his friends in the Shire, to see how they fared. So it was one summer’s eve, when he consulted the Stone, that he turned his eyes to Bag End, to look to the Gamgees.
There were many children lying around Bag End’s parlor, all apparently sated and sleeping. There were not only Gamgee children, but Tooks and Brandybucks as well, and many toys and the remains of a large picnic covered the floor. This gave Aragorn the feeling that Rosie, ever fastidious, must not be home. His eyes wandered the rest of the room, and soon fell upon those he had expected to see.
Merry, Pippin and Sam were also sound asleep, resting, it seemed, from a long day of playing with the children. They occupied an armchair, a cushion on the floor, and a sofa, respectively. Each looked exhausted. Aragorn shook his head in sympathy; there had to be sixteen children in that room.
“I must visit the Shire,” he muttered to himself, turning from that restful scene. “May it last forever unwithered.”
He came down from the tower singing that evening, and the pages knew that whatever the problem had been earlier, all was now well.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List