Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Stories Beyond the Havens  by Elanor Silmariën

Chapter Six-Sam Arrives

“Frodo!! Frodo! Come out here!” Frodo looked up from his book and saw a young Elf maiden, now nearly 72 years old, outside his window. Ever since her comment on the fact that Frodo didn’t wear shoes, he had become good friends with Meldamiriel.

“What is it?” Frodo asked, looking at her questioningly.

“There’s a ship at the harbor, and they said your friend is here! I saw him too, a short little fellow like you…” She hadn’t even finished her sentence before Frodo was out the door and dashing down to the docks.

He saw Sam standing there, waiting for him, and threw himself in his friend’s waiting arms. They stood thus for a moment, then Frodo stepped back to examine Sam.

“I missed you so much, Sam!” he said. “You look great!”

Sam smiled and said, “You do to.” And indeed Frodo did look good. He was hardly the pale, thin hobbit he had been before. He’d even put on a few comfortable, hobbity pounds.

“Tell me what’s been happening in the Shire, Sam,” Frodo asked, as they headed up the hill to the house they would now share.

They sat for hours as Sam told Frodo all about each of his 13 children, the never-ceasing antics of their Uncle Merry and Uncle Pippin, and how he’d told each of his children about their Uncle Frodo. Then Sam finally asked the question that had been bothering him all evening.

“How are you, Frodo?”

Frodo grinned, making his friend’s heart leap for joy, and he said, “I’m healed, Sam. I’m completely healed!”

Later that night, when Frodo fell asleep on the couch in his study, Sam carried him into his bedroom and watched him sleeping peacefully and contentedly. Frodo was healed and whole again. Sam kissed his forehead, and left the room.

The End





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List