Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Randomness  by Elanor Silmariën

A/N: This is a birthday mathom for Faramir of Gondor. Happy Birthday, girl! Hope you like it, I just thought of this scene today, so I figured I’d give it to you, since it has your character in it. Love and God bless, Ellie.

I stand at the doorway to the cave in Ithillien, gazing out across the landscape as the sun sets on the horizon to the west. I hear footsteps behind me and glance down to see the Halfling, Frodo, standing at my elbow.

He is holding my cloak in his hands, a tired look on his small face.

“Thank you,” he says quietly, handing the thick brown fabric back to me.

I nod accepting it. When he had passed out earlier in the cave I had covered him with my cloak, as I couldn’t find another blanket, and he seemed deathly cold.

“My brother gave me this, before he left for Rivendell,” I say, fingering the fabric tenderly. “He was different then.”

The Halfling nods. “I’m sure he loved you, Captain,” he replies. “I know it wasn’t really him who attacked me.”

I look back at the fabric in my hands. Boromir was proud, he wanted power. He was so much like our father it scared me at times. But I know the brother I knew wouldn’t attack someone like Frodo just to get what he wanted.

“Indeed, it was not,” I reply after composing myself. “Come, shall we go inside? It is getting cold out here, and I’m sure your companion is looking for you.”

He smiles at me, and I cannot help but smile back as we walk back into the cave.

~The End~





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List