Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Randomness  by Elanor Silmariën

~Knots~

A/N: To my friend Arwen of Lorien, cause I wrote an elf story, I’m giving it to you. I think this is my first attempt at Arwen too. I hope you enjoy! What do you think? God bless, Ellie.

She sat in front of the mirror, pulling her fingers gently through a strand of her dark mahogany hair that would not untangle. The knot was beginning to frustrate her, when the curtain to her room was pulled back and her mother stepped through the doorway.

“Arwen, love, what’s wrong?” Celebrian asked her young daughter, coming up and placing her hands on the child’s shoulders.

“I can’t get this knot out of my hair, Naneth,” Arwen complained, dropping her hands, and leaving it.

“Did you try the comb?”

Arwen nodded. “Can you fix it, Naneth?” She looked up at her mother with big brown eyes. It seemed perfectly natural to Arwen that if something was wrong her mother was the one person who could fix it. Her naneth could fix anything.

Celebrian picked up the nearby comb and began working the hair from the bottom. “Now, my dear, do you wish to tell me why you have been hiding in your room all day?”

Arwen blushed, but told her. “I was angry with Elladan.”

Celebrian nodded. It was no news to her, but she didn’t say so. “And why were you angry with Elladan?”

“Because he didn’t let me come with them on their ride,” Arwen finished.

“And do you think moping is going to help you?”

Arwen shook her head. “They wanted to be alone, without me. I understand.”

“You do have your own friends, love. Perhaps it is time to start being with them more often, and let your brothers have their own time as well,” Celebrian said, smoothing out the last of the tangle.

Arwen reached a hand back, and smiled. “Thank you, Naneth,” she said, standing to hug her mother. She always knew her naneth could fix anything.

~Finis~

A/N: I believe naneth is sindarin for mother.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List