Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Conflicted Radiance  by Ellie

NOTE: This had originally and quite briefly (we're talking a matter of hours) been posted as Celeborn's Hallelujah. The fic has been reworked into a series of vingnettes. Special thanks to Nilmandra and Nerdanel Istarnie for their assistance with this.

Disclaimer: The characters and settings are Tolkien's. I make no money from this.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The trees sing to me as I rest here at the foot of this birch. The rustle of the leaves sets the tempo. The stars filter their radiance through the boughs above me. Yet, I find no peace here.

I pluck at my harp trying to harmonize with the trees and the soft lilt of the grass, yet I find I cannot. Daeron’s most recent melody comes to mind, and I try again, feeling the music permeate my very being. Yet my heart is restless and unresponsive.

Daeron has my dear cousin Luthien to inspire him to pour forth his music into such a grandly elegant, graceful flowing display while she makes music for the eyes. Will I ever have someone who so inspires me as that? Will I ever know what it is to have the very music plucked from me by such a wondrous maiden, as fair Luthien draws forth the melodies from Daeron?

I set my harp aside and listen to the sweet harmonies of the forest around me. The sounds I would make do not begin to compare.





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List