Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Conflicted Radiance  by Ellie

When I courted Princess Artanis and later took her as my wife, my Galadriel, we spent every night in each others arms. We walked in the moonlight beneath the trees. We shared our common joys for many things and delighted in discovering more. Melian said at our wedding that our union was as the mingling of the Two Trees, golden Laurelin and silver Teleperion for the coloring of our hair and the joining of our different yet highly complimentary, strong, passionate spirits.

My beloved often told me of her life in Valinor, but for some reason, she never spoke of the last of her time there and the journey here. She used to tell me everything and now she has become quiet. Melian has asked my Galadriel many questions of late. I know she suspects something, some darkness which my beloved Light would cast as shadow upon her road here to Middle-earth.

A change has come over my wife. What does she hide from us? What does she fear? We had talked of adding to our wedded bliss, of making a child, but now, she is not so certain.

I wish I knew what troubled my Lady so…





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List