Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Conflicted Radiance  by Ellie


Much time has passed. Melian took me aside today and suggested I ride to Nargothrond and reclaim what was once mine. She said the princess and I were meant for each other.

Now I am in my chambers, packing my bags for a trip to King Finrod’s realm. My heart has cooled within me. I care not for the hatred of the past. Let the Noldor, the “Calaquendi” as they call themselves think we Sindar are dark and primitive. I care not. For all of their witness to the Light and their time spent with the holy beings in Valinor, it has done them precious little good. I may be a prince of a forsaken people from a “dark” world, but I know love and I know loyalty beyond and in spite of all hardship.

I miss my beloved, my heart, my light. My people will slander me for my love of her, but I do not care. I will be scorned in the courts of Thingol, and she will be scorned in the courts of the Noldor, but together we can withstand anything. My heart aches for her. I would give anything for one more night with her in my arms. I am riding out tonight to reclaim the treasure stolen from me by misdeeds of the past.

Soon she will be mine once again. My wife, my life, my beloved Galadriel.





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List