Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Aragorn's Revenge  by Estelle

Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: I do not own the characters. They belong to J.R.R. Tolkien. I merely take them out for some fun and will return them in good shape.

Summary: Seeking revenge for his eyebrow, Aragorn’s simple prank turned out to be more than simple...

Author’s Note: This is sort of a sequel to “The Haircut” but you don’t have to read it to understand this story. The Haircut was just a piece of silliness I did after I went for my haircut. I initially meant for this to be a 2-page silliness but it had somehow taken a life of its own and turned into more of an adventure rather than comedy.

The Haircut can be found at: http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1256737

Please review! Constructive criticisms will be kept close to the heart and flames will be fed to the balrogs!

Many thanks to Eleni for being my beta. Love ya! *hugs*


Aragorn lay in bed staring up at the ceiling and smiled. It had been two months since Legolas left Rivendell and he had had the entire sixty days to plot his revenge. It had taken almost a month for his hair to grow back to its original length. All he wanted was a trim and he made the biggest mistake in his life by letting the elf prince do it.

Claiming that he had experience in "cutting and trimming", the ranger had reluctantly allowed Legolas at the task. But he soon regretted it as he eventually found out that the elf’s "cutting and trimming" skills came from trimming the hedges around his father’s palace. But it was too late to back out. Legolas had already taken off a third of Aragorn’s hair by trying to balance the length on both sides not to mention a chunk of his ear. And that wasn’t the worst. The elf had claimed to have "accidentally" trimmed off one of his eyebrow! The humiliation he had to go through before his hair eventually grew back to its original length was not something that he wanted to live through again. In addition to that, he had to endure the jokes about his eyebrow. He had hidden in his room for most of the first month, avoiding coming face to face with his elven brothers. They had teased him relentlessly when they found out about his missing eyebrow, calling him all sorts of funny names. The ranger reached up to his forehead and smoothed his newly grown brow unconsciously. Legolas was going to pay. He was going to make the elf lose more than his just his eyebrows.

The ranger had thought of dozens of plots but had dismissed most of them because they involved pain and blood. He only wanted to humiliate his friend, not to cause him any physical harm, although he would love to for all the teasing that he’d had to endure. Turning on his side, the human pulled the blanket up to his shoulders and closed his eyes. Tomorrow, the prince would be arriving and he would set his plan in motion. It would take some time but it was worth the wait.

***

Legolas rode through the gates into the courtyard of The Last Homely House and dismounted. Glancing around the compound, his eyes sought out his human friend. A figure jogged towards him, his dark wavy hair flowing in the wind. The hair. Legolas flinched as he remembered what had happened two months ago. He would have to be careful for he knew that Aragorn would not let that incident go without revenge.

The young man reached the elf in a matter of seconds and greeted him warmly.

"Legolas! How nice to see you again," Aragorn grinned mischievously.

"Uhh…" Legolas hesitated seeing the human’s over-active happiness. "Nice to see you too?" he replied cautiously but the human ignored him.

"Come. We are just about to have afternoon tea." Aragorn dragged his friend by the arm and pulled him towards the direction of the house. "Join us. Hurry, before Elladan and Elrohir finish all the cookies."

Tea. Cookies. Was Aragorn going to take his revenge by drugging him? Images flashed through Legolas’ mind. He saw himself tied up in a chair, Aragorn waving a pair of scissors in front of his face. Then the imaged flashed to him looking into a mirror and seeing himself, but something was amiss. He was bald and both his eyebrows were gone!

Legolas jerked as the image dissolved into Aragorn’s face. The ranger was staring at him and shaking him lightly. "Are you all right?" he asked. "You look like you’ve seen a ghost."

Legolas shrugged the human’s hand off and gathered himself. "I’m fine. I just…" he paused and waved his hand. "Never mind. It’s nothing important." Smiling at the worried human, Legolas gave him a playful shove. "Let’s go before we’re only left with cookie crumbs."

The twins watched as the prince sipped at his tea carefully taking it a little at a time in case it was really drugged. Elladan and Elrohir knew that their little brother had planned his revenge but he had refused to tell them what it was. They felt sorry for the elf prince for they knew that Aragorn’s prank was not going to be merciful.

Nibbling at the cookie, Legolas searched his senses for any uncommon taste. He found nothing. Soon, the pile of cookies was reduced to crumbs and the pot of tea ran dry. The elf prince began to relax when he did not feel anything strange happening.

The four friends relaxed around the house for the rest of the day until dinner was served. Same routine again, Legolas tested his food carefully, his actions causing Elrond to cast curious glances at him although the elf lord did not question his odd behavior. But Legolas did not care how the Lord of Imladris was looking at him. He was more worried about falling for one of Aragorn’s tricks.

That night before they retired, Legolas checked his bed thoroughly making sure nothing more than two legs were hiding under his pillows and blanket. He dusted out the sheets in case Aragorn had placed some of those itching powders onto them. Finally satisfied that everything was in order, the elf crawled into bed, mentally exhausted from the constant defence he had to put up against his friend. The next morning, the elf repeated the same routine with his clothes, checking for any creepy crawlers or strange powder.

Days turned into weeks and to Legolas’ relief, nothing had happened. He was beginning to wonder if he was over-sensitive. Perhaps the human was not as vengeful as he thought he would be. However, to be on the safe side, he still performed the inspection to his clothes and bed every morning and night.

As time went by, Legolas began to feel more relaxed. It seemed like the human was not going to take his revenge after all. Aragorn had acted normal and had not shown any ill intentions. The two friends had gone on a hunting trip last week and all had gone well. The elf began to relax around the human and fell right into Aragorn’s plan.

To Be Continued...





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List