Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Agape's Attempts  by Agape4Gondor

"Indeed in nothing is the power of the Dark Lord more clearly shown than in the estrangement that divides all those who still oppose him. " Haldir, Lothlorien, FotR

Ch. 67 - Estrangement Or

Was It Really Denethor’s Fault or the Dark Lord’s?

 

How I long to hold him in my arms, as when he was a babe. Not oft did I think beyond those moments. The feel of him was so right. My heart would soar.

Two sons! How could I be more blessed? My sister had three daughters birthed to her; her husband is still bitter. Yet I was blessed with two sons. I still wonder at the grace of it.

I would listen as he spoke his first words, garbled, yet delightful. Ada seemed easy enough, but when he called Boromir, B’eer, I lost my heart to him. Im’hil still loves the boy, even after his name was butchered. Who could not love him?

He stands before me now and my heart aches. I would have him imprisoned in his own quarters, anything to protect him, but the Enemy draws nigh and I must use him, in whatever way I can.

He will not understand; he will think I send him to his death. Is his regard for me so little? I know it is. Not only the wizard has come between us.

I give him his orders; he obeys. B’eer already lost; I will hold F’ah, if I can.

~*~

A/N – First, I have a two-year old grandbaby who absolutely butchers names. I have a list of LotR names that she has graciously told me how to pronounce. B'eer is definitely how Boromir sounds to her and F'ah is Faramir. Giggles

Second, I wonder if, according to Haldir, it is really Sauron who caused the estrangement between Denethor and Faramir? Whispers of Sauron instead of whispers of the Ring?





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List