Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Of Elves, Men and Peredhil  by Rhyselle

A/N:  Inspired by:  And it is sung that she fell from the air upon the timbers of Vingilot, in a swoon, nigh unto death for the urgency of her speed, and Eärendil took her to his bosom; but in the morning with marvelling eyes he beheld his wife in her own form beside him with her hair upon his face, and she slept.... Yet Eärendil saw now no hope left in the lands of Middle-earth, and he turned again in despair and came not home, but sought back once more to Valinor with Elwing at his side. (Chapter 24, Of the Voyage of Eärendil and the War of Wrath)

Awakening

(Exactly 100 words)

Eärendil rolled on his side and gazed, surprised, at his wife who slept, the Silmaril gleaming on her breast.  He brushed her dark hair from his face.  "Elwing, how are you here?"

She awakened, gasping.  Her eyes met his and overflowed with tears.  "Eärendil!"  She yanked at the chain of the Nauglamir, until finally something gave way and it fell onto the deck.  She picked it up and thrust it into Eärendil's hands.  "Take it!"

His fingers closed about the glorious jewel as she confessed her actions at Sirion. Before she was done, he'd ordered his crew to sail West.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List