Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Eclectic Whimsies  by Ellie

Summary: Not exactly what King Finwë wanted to hear...

Written for the ALEC "Things that Go Bump in the Night" contest

XXXXXXXXX

Bumps in the Night

He had wanted to impress Olwë with the beauty and majesty of Tirion. He wanted to stimulate some sort of interest in grand structures and fine craftmanship instead of the wooden huts and fishing industry to which the Teleri had been accustomed. He had hoped to build a strong economic union with Alqualondë with trade and commerce flowing freely between the two realms. He had hoped to foster greater understanding between the Noldor and the Teleri, strengthening the bonds already existing between the two clans. He had encouraged his children to do all they could to build strong realtionships with the princes and princesses of the Teleri. But this, this was not what he had intended!

 Turning to his wife as she lay very much awake beside him, King Finwë growled, “Honestly, it is the faintest waning of Telperion already! How much longer can this go on?!”

Patting him consolingly on the shoulder, Queen Indis replied, “Arafinwë has your stamina, my love. Perhaps after we break our fast with our guests, we can have the servants move his bed a little further from the wall.”





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List