Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Drabble Drop-outs  by Kara's Aunty

Disclaimer: Lord of the Rings is owned by J.R.R. Tolkien, his family, etc. Not me. I'm only dabbling my unworthy fingers in his magical world.

Credit: www dot Tuckborough dot net.

*Co-authored by cookiefleck!!* (so this is her drabble really, not mine)

Final Passage (Revised)

“He was lying not one mile away on the Road,” said the tall elf sadly, carefully offering his burden to the lord of the realm. “He almost passed beyond the bounds of Arda.”

The explanation was unnecessary. Glazed eyes, slack mouth, bloody temple: it looked as though the aged figure had fled his mortal coil.

“I cannot say for certain, but I believe he may have suffered a seizure of the heart and struck his head on a rock as he fell from his mount.”

Cirdan clasped Sam to his chest before successfully administering first aid to the last Ring-bearer.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Author’s Note: After reading cookiefleck’s clever review (and laughing my head off at her delightful cheek), I absolutely had to post her version. There's no need to review this chapter, just take it as an apology for those of you who are gutted that I killed off Sam (sniggers)! Any congratulations for hitting the drabble-mark (or reviving Sam) go solely to cookiefleck. Hope you don’t mind my audacity, m’dear!

Kara’s Aunty ;)





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List