Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Short Accounts of Middle-earth  by Nieriel Raina

200 words


A Marvelous Day

Like smoke, fog rose over the meadow, dissipating as the sun climbed higher into the sky, leaving the glen appearing as a sparkling green jewel accented with a glorious sprinkling of flowers. Legolas dropped from a tree and walked amidst the colors. The dew dampened his boots. Oh what a marvelous day!

Bending, he scooped up a handful of the fragrant blooms: yellows, purples, reds and blues. With a grin, he headed back into the wood on swift feet. Arriving at a large oak, he put the flowers between his teeth and quickly climbed up to a talan set among the branches. He left the blossoms in prominent place, sure to be seen, knocked and scampered away before he could be caught.

From another tree, Legolas watched a maiden lift the flowers as a smile graced her fair face. Legolas grinned as her eyes searched for the giver, but he remained hidden until she retreated. Perhaps next time he would bring his lyre and sing for her, thus revealing his identity to she who'd captured his heart.

Until then, he'd content himself with thoughts of her beauty, her laughter and the way his heart beat faster when she was near.






<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List