Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Halloween Candies 2013  by Linda Hoyland

Mushroom Soup

These characters all belong to the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien. This story was written for pleasure.

"I wonder what Strider's surprise is?" said Pippin.

"We will find out," said Merry.

"It must be something special for him to ask us to come to the Citadel," said Frodo.

The four Hobbits quickened their pace and soon arrived at the King's apartments. A servant let them in.

"What a delicious aroma," said Sam. "I could swear that is…

Just then, the King entered, followed by a servant carrying a steaming tureen. She placed it on the table, which was set for four.

"Greetings, my friends," cried Aragorn. "My cook has made some mushroom soup especially for you."
"Mushroom soup!" the Hobbits exclaimed joyfully.

"I thought you told us that the folk in Gondor didn't eat mushrooms?" said Frodo.

"Usually, they don't," said Aragorn. "When I told the cook who it was for, though, he agreed to make it especially for you. It helped too that I am King. It does have its advantages at times."

"But how did the cook know the recipe?" asked Sam.

"I asked him to make it from one of Bilbo's recipes that I recalled," said Aragorn. "Now let us enjoy it."

Soon there were four empty dishes and four full and happy Hobbits.






<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List