Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

Dreamflower's Dribs and Drabs  by Dreamflower

B2MeM Challenge: March 22, 2013
Format: Double drabble (200 words)
Genre: Gapfiller
Rating: G
Character(s): Bilbo, Elrond
Summary: On their way home from the Adventure, Gandalf and Bilbo stopped once more in Rivendell.
Quote: : "His house was perfect, whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking best, or a pleasant mixture of them all. Evil things did not come into that valley."(The Hobbit, "A Short Rest")

Tra-la-lally! Come Back to the Valley!

Bilbo looked around once more at this place. He had fallen in love at first sight with Rivendell. "I thank you once more for your hospitality, Master Elrond. I have felt quite at home here."

"You are most welcome, Mr. Baggins. Do not forget that we have agreed to correspond. Gandalf has already said he will be glad to bring me your letters, and to carry mine."

"I do appreciate it, though I hope the accounts of our small doings in the Shire won't bore you." Bilbo looked up at his host shyly. "I hope you don't think me too bold when I say I hope to return some day."

For just an instant, Elrond found himself seeing Bilbo, aged and venerable, here in this place, comfortable and settled. He smiled at the vision.

"Not at all, my small friend." He placed a hand upon the hobbit's shoulder. "We would be most pleased to host you once more."

"Come along, Bilbo!" called an impatient voice from the foot of the steps.

"Gandalf awaits you. Go in peace and safety to your Shire."

Bilbo hurried down the steps, then turned and waved. Would he really be back one day, he wondered? 





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List