Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Love Letters  by Antane

Chapter Thirteen:   Dreams

My heart is easing, dear, so I know you are happy more than just this day or at least are on your way to becoming happy. I still miss you so, I dream about you often, but they aren’t sad, terrible dreams anymore. They are happy ones, though last night’s was a little strange. I heard a Elvish song, but none I had ever heard before. I could not understand the words, but it was still a beautiful one and I was soothed by it. I had the strongest feeling it came from where you are now and I wondered if you were even listening to it at the same time. I felt almost like I was with you, almost close enough to see you, to touch you. Like I said, strange. But wonderful. When I woke, I missed you more than ever, but also I felt peace because I felt like you and I had shared something, so far apart and yet together. I hope I hear that song again. I can’t wait to see you again. I hope it won’t be much longer, but it’s not bad here either. Not bad at all. Rose continues to be wonderful and you did foresee more children than just two. I know I will be very happy here for a long time. The only thing that could make me happier is having you here, but I know you are still here in so many ways. My heart sees you even if my eyes can’t. And that has helped the pain a lot. Whether I can say that just as easily when your birthday comes, the first I’ve spent without you in thirty-four years, well, we’ll just have to see.

Goodnight, dear. Sleep well. I love you so much.

* * *

I want to see you again, my Sam. I want it so much I can hardly bear it sometimes. I dream of seeing you on these white shores and my heart nearly bursts with anticipation of that joy.

I keep returning to the dark room and that beautiful light. I pray for your coming here and that I am here to welcome you. I don’t want you to make that long trip over all that water you hate and have it be for nothing! I know you will come if you were at all able. I know you’d want to swim it yourself if there was no other way, but Gandalf assures me that Cirdan, the Elf of the Havens, will wait for you and bear you here. Oh, I can’t wait, Sam!! It’s going to be that hard not to want to swim out to meet you myself when I know you are coming!

Oh, please, do come, my brother. Your Frodo needs his Sam and misses him so sorely and loves him so fiercely.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List