Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Love Letters  by Antane

Chapter Twenty-Four: Apple Picking

We went apple picking today, my dear. Me, Rosie, Elanor, Frodo-lad, and Rosie-lass. It was so beautiful out. Remember when we used to do this? That time we were supposed to take some home to Mr. Bilbo and my mum, but we ate them all on the way home and were then so sick we could barely move? They took one look at us and sent us to bed with peppermint tea and a hot water bottle and not even one bit of scolding besides the shake of their heads! Of course, they had a little less sympathy for us when we did the same thing the next year.

Everything around here reminds me of you and all the fun we had. I miss you so much. I don’t think I am ever going to stop, but there is not so much pain in these reminders anymore. It actually brings more smiles now than tears, though it can do still do that at times, too. We had a wonderful time today, stayed out all day. Frodo-lad is just three and I carried him back home, asleep in my arms. He reminds me so much of you, the same dark hair, the small bright eyes and curious nature. It is both a pain and a joy to watch him.

I thank you every night as I kiss my children and my Rose goodnight for all the gifts you have given me and the entire Shire, that because of what you did, that we are able to live in peace and safety and happiness. I can’t wait for the day I will thank you in person.

Goodnight, dear love. Sleep well. I love you.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List