Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Love Letters  by Antane

Chapter Thirty-Two: Pipsqueak

Well, dear, I don’t know if I’ve just been a ninnyhammer, but Rose and I have decided to name our newborn lad after Mr. Pippin. He’s just been begging for that since my Merry was born and now I understand how you and Mr. Merry could never resist those eyes and pleas.

"But, Sam, you simply can’t have Merry without Pippin," he’s argued more than once and I have to say he’s right. Mr. Pippin is quite smitten with his namesake already and was practically bouncing in his eagerness to hold him. Merry-lad was bouncing. I think they will be as close as their namesakes and of course, the rest of us are in love as well. My fifth child, dear! My heart is so full I can’t believe it hasn’t burst completely.

You made this possible, my Frodo, all that you did to get the Ring to the Fire so we would have peace for our children. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Oh, I can’t wait to say that to you in person. I wish you could see them all. I know you would love them. I know you already do.

An exhausted Good night, dear. Sleep well. I love you, I love you, I love you.

* * *

Oh, my Sam! Another one! This is just so wonderful. What a joyful addition to the Song! I woke up to it this morning and shouted out my joy to the dawn and rushed to my daily visit to the dark room to give thanksgiving, then afterwards, I danced and I sang and I celebrated, shouting out the news to everyone and everything. I think I must really amuse my friends sometimes, but they smiled with me as I’ve added another line in the notes I’m making for the history of hobbits. I’m going to sing your praises in the Hall of Fire tonight. My friends do let me indulge myself there sometimes, though I am much more often an avid observer.

I love you all so much.






<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List