Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Love Letters  by Antane

Chapter Thirty-Three: Faramir the Took

Wonderful news, dear! Missus Diamond gave birth to a healthy son four days ago in Tuckborough. I’m about ready to leave to go and see the lad. I understand from Mr. Pippin’s note that he’s quite the most beautiful lad ever born and has been named Faramir. I don’t know about the former, but I’m quite pleased with the name as I know he and the Captain were close while they were in Gondor.

Another family that can be raised in peace now because of you, dear. How can we ever thank you? We can’t, but when I see you, I will try that hard to do so. I can’t believe how blessed we’ve been. Mr. Pippin has been beside himself with excitement about being a father from the moment he became one last summer when Missus Diamond announced she was expecting.


* * *

I felt a burst of excitement wake me from sleep last night, Sam. Just like you when you’re a father, but this had a distinctive Took element to it and I could practically hear Pippin shouting to me that he was a father. I thought I heard some new Music some months ago and wondered about it. Well, my little ’squeak is all grown up now. I can hardly believe it. I sent my praise to Iluvatar and then fell back asleep with a huge smile on my face, hardly able to keep from running out to shout out my joy.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List