Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Love Letters  by Antane

Chapter Thirty-Four: Goldilocks

I have another lass, dear! Our family keeps growing, even beyond what you foresaw and I am happier every day to fill our home with so many vibrant spirits. You would have loved them all. They don’t leave you anytime to be sad, though I do wish that you were here to see them and enjoy them yourself. They know all about you and this one, Goldilocks we’ve decided on, is going to be another one who will. My heart is so full, dear! Thank you for all you did to make their life in peace possible! I love you so.

* * *

Oh, Sam! I felt the first strains of Music for this little one when she first started life and now fully woven into the Song as another niece! How wonderful! I want to thank you for having her born at a more decent hour so my happiness could explode straight away in a joyful shout, instead of having to wait until the morning. That is hardly bearable so I hope, dearest brother mine, that you will keep that in mind with any others. I ran right away to the dark room, shouting my praises out on the way to anyone who would hear and then nearly collapsing at my bench with silent thanksgiving. Iluvatar rejoices so when a new life is created and then born. He is certainly giving you your just reward to all your sacrifices. I can’t wait until you come to tell me of all the adventures you had with them. I hope you know how much I celebrate each and every one and hold them ever close in my heart. I hope they can feel my love also. I will dance for this one and sing to her and of her and you in the Hall of Fire tonight.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List