Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Love Letters  by Antane

Chapter Forty-Four:  Meeting with a King

Elanor has been made a Maid of Honor to Queen Arwen, dear! We met the king at the Brandywine Bridge and it was just that wonderful to see him again. Just that very wonderful. He looks just about the same, though with some gray hair now, but very much the king and still very much our friend. I blushed that furiously when I called him Mr. Strider in front of his men, but it’s just easier for some reason to call him that. He laughed and assured me it was all right, though some of his men looked scandalized and even more so when he knelt and hugged me that hard. Rose said though she saw other men, Rangers, smiling and everyone could see the love and light in him. I hugged him right back, even cried a little, because I was just that glad to see him. I wish you could have been there. I know he wished it too. I could see all that in his eyes as he looked at me and asked me how everything was in the Shire. I was surprised by how remarkably well informed he was already about my own family. He gave a slight nod to the Rangers accompanying him. "I have my sources," he said with a smile. "It helped my heart and my loneliness at times to know how well my brothers are doing." He congratulated me and Rose on our large brood and congratulated her ahead of time for the upcoming birth of our next one, later this year. He told me he had a son and I saw him then in that light also, that he was shining all the brighter because he knew the same joy I did. I could have stayed there for days and days on end just talking to him. He seemed to know you were happy also and that helped his own light to shine brighter as well. See how many lives you’ve influenced and saved, dear? He asked that I gave you his greetings and love when I see you next and he seemed quite sure I would. I know I will, but it helped nonetheless that he was sure also. I promised I would tell you and I can’t wait to do so.

Goodnight, dear. Sleep well. I love you.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List