Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Love Letters  by Antane

Chapter Forty-Seven: Ruby

I wonder if even Bag End is going to be big enough for us all as another lass was born to us this evening. Eleven now, dear! I can’t believe it. But even if it does get a little tight in here, I am not going to move until it’s my time to go to you. It wouldn’t seem right to leave here prematurely and I hope that when I am ready to leave that Frodo-lad will want to live here or one of the others when I leave. Such a special place should stay in the family. Well, this Ruby of mine or so we’ve decided to name her, is as lovely as your other nieces. The lads are all crazy about her already and the lasses fighting over who should be first among them to hold her. And Rose and I are completely in love with her ourselves. Such a small mite, but so beautiful and she’s got eyes like yours that you can see the world in, though hers are green. I think she’ll be turning as many heads as her sisters will be. Thank you, thank you, thank you for allowing all this to be. If the Shadow had fallen, none of these blessings would have come to be. I should thank Mr. Gandalf too for sending us those eagles.

Goodnight, dear. Sleep well. I love you.

* * *

Oh, my Sam, I hope you can feel my joy each time you make me an uncle again. I hope they can feel how much I love them and you, how tightly and tenderly I wish I could hold them and look into their eyes and sing to them and run and play games with them. They are all held close in my heart and I glory to listen to their Song, each melody distinct and beautiful, melding into a symphony I never tire of hearing. I love you all and I thank Iluvatar every day that He has blessed me with this knowledge that we are still together and I can share in your joys and sorrows just as though I was at your side. I hope He has blessed you in the same way.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List