Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Love Letters  by Antane

Chapter Forty-Eight: The Big 7-0

Happy birthday, dear! I can’t believe you’re 70! Just as beautiful than ever, if not more so, I’m sure. I think of you with hair getting white that is just making you shine even brighter. We spent the day at the Havens again, all of us, even baby Ruby who is only 6 months now. I took her down to the water and she splashed around some in it in my arms. The older lads came up to Mr. Cirdan and talked to him as they do every year. He is very patient and generous with his time and their many questions and I thank him for it every year. He knows how much I want to be with you and I think he’s waiting for just that day himself so he can take me there. There’s some sort of ageless, knowing look he gives me each time that says that without words and also gives me heart the hope that you are doing well and are just waiting for me.

I watched the gulls for the longest time today after Ruby tired of the water and we just sat alone together on the dock. Mr. Merry and Mr. Pippin were with me too and I saw they were watching the same things. The birds were flying away from us, into the west, closer to where you were and I know we were all thinking the same thing - how much we wished we were birds too to take flight to come to you. One day, I will come, dear, one day.

I’ll say goodnight early now. I hope you sleep well and know we think of you all the time and still miss you and love you even more fiercely than ever.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List