Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Randomness  by Elanor Silmariën

A/n: This story is dedicated to my dear friends Goldberry Apple Blossom, Arwen of Lorien, and Lea. Love you guys tons! This is only another reminder of our sillyness, and I have you all to blame for it. 'Specially Lea. Bacon! Ellie.  

*Breakfast with Hobbits*

"Wake up everyone!" Pippin called, putting another stick of wood on the fire. "Breakfast's almost ready!"

Boromir sat up in his bedroll and rubbed his eyes. He glanced up at the sky. It was early. Very early. But all the four pheriannath, or hobbits as he was supposed to call them, were gathered around the fire, cooking something that resembled jerky.

Aragorn was also up, and he looked more used to this strange phenomenon. They had only left Rivendell the day before, but Aragorn had been travelling with the four before that.

Gimli sat up and said, "Smells like ham."

"It's bacon!" Pippin said, excited.

These hobbits did get excited about their food, Boromir thought. The youngest one more so.

"Bacon?" Legolas asked, opening his eyes glancing at the hobbit quizzically.

"Yes! You know, bacon?" Pippin tried to explain.

Aparently no body knew what it was, so Pippin tossed each of them a slice of the greasy food.

"Eat it," he said. "It's good!"

"Tastes like nothing I've ever had before," Boromir said. "What is it?"

"Bacon!" Pippin said again. "I don't know what it's made out of."

"Pigs, Pippin," Frodo said, trying to hide a laugh. "You should know that."

Pippin shrugged. "Oh well. It's good anyways."

The three travellers looked at each other. Aparently they still had much to learn about these small creatures. They shrugged and joined the hobbits for an early breakfast.

The End





        

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List