Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Randomness  by Elanor Silmariën

*The New Year*

In honor of the new year, and the destruction of the Ring.

Today is a day of celebration in Gondor, the day that ended the War of the Ring. My Da was a part of it, saw it all up close. He was the one who helped Uncle Frodo to Mordor. As I sit here watching him stand on the balcony with King Elessar I remember back to when my Da told me that I said my very first word to Uncle Frodo on this very day. I smiled when he told me that Uncle Frodo had been as excited as a child at Yule.

Da has been feeling sad today, though, despite all the celebrating. I think he misses Uncle Frodo, especially today. They have been through so much together, and he is now gone. He will never return, but Da tells me that he will join Uncle Frodo some day.

Da and Aragorn are standing at the window looking towards Mordor. The land is deserted now. The shadow is gone. Osgiliath is being rebuilt and I know the view gives Da hope that Uncle Frodo will be healed as well.

They turn and come back in, and we all leave for the annual feast prepared in honor of Da and Uncle Frodo.

The End





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List