Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Flotsam and Jetsam  by Rowan

Title: Wheels Within Wheels
Author: Rowan aka Sue DeNimme
Summary: Can Pippin really be *that* sweet and innocent? Here's the answer to that question.
Disclaimer: No copyrights were harmed in the making of this fanfic.
Note: This is for Garnet Took, as her prize for winning my trivia contest.

~

My lord Manwë:

Everything is proceeding according to plan. No one knows about my true nature or my mission.

It has been difficult, I must admit: safeguarding Frodo and the Ring, then secretly engineering the entire Quest, while of course letting Elrond and Gandalf think it was their idea. Meanwhile I have been extremely busy, making carefully calculated "mistakes" and asking deceptively stupid questions. Rather ingenious, if I do say so.

I think I have the rest of the Fellowship completely convinced that I am nothing but a lovable, bumbling imp, which naturally is what I want them to continue thinking. Though I believe Gandalf is beginning to suspect something. There was a distinct twinkle in his eye when he last called me "Fool of a Took", after I "accidentally" tripped Boromir and caused him to fall into the thorn bush.

Well, I must end this communique -- time to complain about the cold food again.

I remain, as ever, your devoted servant,

Peregrin Took

~end~





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List