Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The Last Messenger: A Tale of Númenor  by Fiondil

Author’s Notes

I. Chronology: Entries marked with an asterisk indicate non-canon events related to this story.

2195: Messengers from Aman go to Númenor.

*2900: Eärnur of Aman visits Tol Eressëa and befriends Eärnur Ciryatano, Lord of Andúnië. Both are lost at sea.

*2905: Eärnur, son of Laurendil and Manwen born

3025: Amandil born

3102: Eldar forbidden to come to Númenor

3119: Elendil born

3209: Isildur born

3219: Anárion born

*3255: Valandil and Vandiel born

*3257: Fiondil born

*3260: Ercassë born

3262: Sauron brought to Númenor

*3281: Calaldundil born

*3295: Laurendil comes secretly to Númenor

3299: Ciryandil, Isildur’s son, born

*3313: Boromir, son of Valandil and Ercassë born

*3315: Laurendilmë, daughter of Fiondil and Vandiel born

3316: Amandil sails West

3318: Meneldil, Anárion’s son, born [last child born in Númenor]

3319: Fall of Númenor

****

II. Characters: An asterisk next to a name indicates that the person is dead (if a Mortal) or residing in Mandos (if an Elf). The chapter in which a character either first appears or is mentioned is shown in parentheses.

Aerveril (OFC): Elda, first mate on the Eäremirë (20)

Almarian (OFC): (mentioned) Númenórëan, owner of an embroidery shop in Rómenna (3)

Almiel: *(mentioned) Númenórëan, youngest sister of Tar-Aldarion, Ercassë and Fiondil are descended from her (3)

Amandil the Faithful: Númenórëan, son of Númendil, Elf-friend, Last Lord of Andúnië, father of Elendil (3)

Amillo (OMC): (mentioned) Maia, of the People of Ulmo (20)

Anárion: Númenórëan, Elf-friend, second son of Elendil (3)

Arafinwë: (mentioned) Elda, King of the Noldor, father of Findaráto (23)

Araroch: Equine, a roan gelding ridden by Laurendil (7)

Ardamir (OMC): (mentioned) Númenórëan, father of Fiondil and Ercassë (3)

Ar-Adûnakhôr: *(mentioned) Númenórëan, Twentieth King of Númenor (14)

Ar-Pharazôn: (mentioned) Númenórëan, The Golden, Last king of Númenórë (3)

Ar-Zimpraphel: (mentioned in Author’s Note), Númenórëan, daughter of Tar-Palantir, married to Ar-Pharazôn (3)

Aulë: Vala, Smith of Arda, spouse of Yavanna (23)

Avalôbêl Gimilzagarthôr: Adûnaic form of Valandil Elemmacil

Azrutarik Adûnazîrthôrun: Adûnaic form of Elentir Númendilion

Azrubêlzir (OMC): (mentioned) Númenórëan, Headman of Nindamos, father of Salakthôr (18)

Bannoth: Feline, Margileth's familiar. The name is the Sindarin version of Mandos (10)

Bëor: *(mentioned) Adan (13)

Beregar (OMC): Númenórëan, first mate on Valandil’s yacht (7)

Beren: *(mentioned) Adan (13)

Beren of Dulgâban (OMC): Númenóréan, Elf-friend, a farmer (8)

Boromir (OMC): Númenórëan, Elf-friend, blind House Steward to Lady Eärwen (9)

Boromir Valandilion(OMC): (mentioned) Númenórëan, Valandil and Ercassë’s son (23)

Calaldundil (OMC): Elda, Vorondil and Marilla’s son (age 14) (1)

Calinda (OFC): Númenórëan, serving girl at the Harp and Torch (3)

Círdan: (mentioned) Sinda, The Shipwright, Lord of the Grey Havens (13)

Eäremirë: "Sea-Jewel", Laurendil’s ship (18)

Eärendur (OMC): Númenórëan, Elf-friend, Oath-Keeper to the members of the Order of the White Stone, owner of the Harp and Torch, a tavern in Rómenna (3)

Eärnur (OMC): *(mentioned) Elda, friend of Laurendil, lost at sea and presumed dead (1)

Eärnur Ciryatano (OMC): *(mentioned) Númenórëan, Lord of Andúnië (9)

Eärnur Laurendilion (OMC): Elda, Laurendil and Manwen’s youngest child (age 390) (1)

Eärwen (OFC): Númenórëan, Elf-friend, granddaughter of Eärnur Ciryatano (9)

Elemmacil (OMC): *(mentioned in Author’s Note) Númenórëan, father of Valandil and Vandiel (3)

Elendil the Tall: Númenórëan, Elf-friend, son of Amandil (3)

Elentir: *(mentioned in Author’s Note) Númenórëan, son of Numendil, brother to Amandil, grandfather of Valandil and Vandiel (3)

Elros Tar-Minyatur: *(mentioned) Númenórëan, son of Eärendil, first king of Númenor (21)

Emeldir (OFC): Númenóréan, daughter of Beren and Haleth of Dulgâban (age 10) (8)

Eönwë: Maia, of the People of Manwë, brother to Imarë in the Thought of Eru and Manwë’s Herald (2)

Ercassë Ardamiriel (OFC): Númenórëan, Elf-friend (3)

Erunáro (OCM): Maia, of the People of Manwë and brother to Manveru in the Thought of Eru (23)

Estë: Valië, spouse of Irmo (22)

Findaráto: Elda, Prince of Eldamar, one of the Fëanturindi, charged with the healing and protection of Aman (1)

Fiondil Ardamirion (OMC): Númenórëan, Elf-friend (3)

Fionwë (OMC): Maia, of the People of Manwë (14)

Gundor (OMC): Númenórëan, infant son of Beren and Haleth of Dulgâban (8)

Haleth (OFC): Númenórëan, Elf-friend, wife of Beren of Dulgâban (8)

Hallatan (OMC): Númenórëan, Elf-friend, House Steward to Amandil (3)

Hareth (OFC): Númenóréan, eldest daugther of Beren and Haleth of Dulgâban (age 14) (8)

Haleth: *(mentioned) Adan (13)

Húrin: *(mentioned) Adan (13)

Ilmarë: Maia, of the People of Varda, sister to Eönwë in the Thought of Eru (2)

Ingil (OMC): Maia, of the People of Irmo (2)

Irmo: Vala, Lord of Lórien, spouse of Estë (1)

Irmondil (OMC): Elda, Laurendil and Manwen’s oldest son (1)

Isildur: Númenórëan, Elf-friend, eldest son of Elendil (3)

Isilmë (OFC): *(mentioned in Author’s Note) Númenórëan, wife of Calamacil, mother of Valandil and Vandiel (3)

Laurendil Rialcarion (OMC): Elda, Master Lóriennildo, member of the Heren iNinquialdo, spouse of Manwen, father of Irmondil, Marilla and Eärnur (1)

Laurendilmë (OFC): (mentioned) Númenórëan, Fiondil and Vandiel’s daughter (23)

Lindórië (OFC): *(mentioned in Author’s Note) Númenórëan, spouse of Elenitr, grandmother of Valandil and Vandiel (3)

Lúthien: *(mentioned) Elda, spouse of the Adan Beren, who gives up her immortality (13)

Manveru (OMC): Maia, of the people of Manwë, brother to Erunáro in the Thought of Eru (23)

Manwë: Vala, the Elder King, spouse of Varda (2)

Manwen (OFC): Elda, Master Estenduriën, spouse of Laurendil, mother of Irmondil, Marilla and Eärnur  (1)

Mardil (OMC): Númenórëan, Elf-friend, House Steward to Valandil (4)

Margileth (OMC): Númenórëan, Elf-friend, sister of Boromir (10)

Marilla (OFC): Elda, Laurendil and Manwen’s daughter, spouse of Vorondil and mother of Calaldundil (1)

Morwen: *(mentioned) Edain (13)

Námo: Vala, Lord of Mandos, spouse of Vairë (2)

Nessa: Valië, spouse of Tulkas (23)

Nienna: (mentioned) Valië, sister to Námo and Irmo in the Thought of Eru (22)

Nísimalótë (OFC): (mentioned) Elda, Loremistress in charge of teaching the children of those serving in Lórien (2)

Númendil: *(mentioned) Númenórëan, father of Amandil (4)

Núneth (OFC): (mentioned) Númenórëan, Beregar’s sweetheart (7)

Orchaldor (OMC): Númenórëan, a crewmember on Valandil’s yacht (7)

Oromë: Vala, Lord of Trees and the Hunt, spouse of Vána (23)

Ossë: (mentioned) Maia, of the People of Ulmo (20)

Roimendil (OMC): Maia, of the People of Oromë (23)

Sakalthôr (OMC): (mentioned) Númenórëan, son of Azrubêlzir, whose life Eärnur saved (18)

Salmar: (mentioned) Maia, of the People of Ulmo (20)

Sauron: (mentioned) Fallen Maia, presently residing on Númenór where he has corrupted the king and most of the Númenórëans (3)

Tar-Aldarion: *(mentioned) Númenórëan, Sixth King of Númenor (3)

Tar-Ardamir: * (mentioned in Author’s Note) Númenórëan, Nineteenth King of Númenor (14)

Tar-Calion: Quenya form of Ar-Pharazôn

Tar-Calmacil: *(mentioned) Númenórëan, Eighteenth King of Númenor (14)

Tar-Elenalcar: (mentioned) Quenya form of Gil-galad, Last High King of the Noldor in Exile, rules from Lindon in Eriador (13)

Tar-Míriel: Quenya form of Ar-Zimraphel

Tulkas: Vala, Lord of War, spouse to Nessa (23)

Ulmo: Vala, Lord of Waters (20)

Ulrath (OMC): Númenórëan, Captain of the guard at the north gate of Armenelos (8)

Uinen: (mentioned) Maia, of the People of Ulmo (23)

Uinéniel: "Daughter of Uinen", Valandil’s yacht (7)

Uinéndilmë (OFC): Elda, sister of Eärnur (22)

Vairë: Valië, Weaver of Arda, spouse to Námo (23)

Valandil Elemmacilion (OMC): Númenórëan, of the House of Andúnië, , twin brother of Vandiel, member of the Heren iNinqualdo (1)

Vandiel Elemmaciliel (OFC): Númenórëan, of the House of Andúnië, twin sister of Valandil (1)

Varda: Valië, Queen of Stars, spouse to Manwë (2)

Vorondil Aldundilion (OMC): Elda, Master Lóriennnildo, spouse of Marilla, father of Calaldundil (1)

Voronwë: (mentioned) Elda, captain of the Eäremirë (18)

Yavanna: Valië, Earth-Queen, spouse to Aulë (23)

Yavien (OFC): (mentioned) Númenórëan, wife of Ardamir, mother of Fiondil and Ercassë (3)

Zigûr: Adûnaic form of Sauron. The literal meaning of the name is ‘Wizard’.





<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List