Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

B2MeM: Aragorn in the Last Battle  by Mirach

Week 5: This week was about cooperation between the teams to defeat Morgoth at the end of the game. We accepted the challenge of Glorfindel to write a drabble for every one of the 63 challenges together.

Tales of the Ranger and Slayer: A duel of words and not swords. One night in the Hall of Fire, Aragorn and Glorfindel tell tales, some tall and some true. (A collection of drabbles)

Challenge (Khand): Given that history is written from the perspective of those in power, write a story, poem, or create an artwork from the perspective of the powerless minority.


Wild, free, but not children

We sniff the air. We listen good - have long ears and long eyes. We feel - Darkness comes. Swallows the land. Will swallow the forest, too. We sound the drums in the mountains. We ask the echoes. We ask the singing water. Not good. Not good. Saw the Horse-men in dreams. Earth drinks blood - Horses, Men. There be another way. Through the woods, forgotten. Secret. Darkness comes. Secrets don't help. Our arrows good, but we are too few. Must tell the Horse-man the secret. Darkness does not think on Wild Men. But Wild Men wise - they will help to defeat it.


The title is a quote of Ghân-buri-Ghân from The Return of the King





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List