Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Glimpses of Middle-earth  by Linda Hoyland

Prompt - Do I dare disturb the universe?

Title - The Hour of Destiny
Author: Linda Hoyland
Characters/Pairing:Aragorn,Faramir
Rating: PG
Warnings: None
Book/Source: LOTR book-verse

Disclaimer - These characters all belong to the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien. This story was written for pleasure and not for financial gain.

Life or death within my hands. It has ever been so at the point of a sword. The choice then was easy, kill or be killed.

I have been a healer almost as long as I can remember, but the Elessar has raised my powers to new heights.

Should we triumph in battle, the path to throne lies clear before me. One man, though, might thwart all my desires; this very man I am called upon to save!

He lies before me, helpless, and unaware of how his fate is linked to mine. I could walk away, claim I am too weary, or lack the power the aid him. I could insist on saving my friends first, by which time it would be too late.

Now is my hour of trial, a trial as great as when I could have seized the Ring. Two choices lie before me: the evil and the good. Choosing wrongly would destroy everything I have strived for over these long years.

Whether or not, he accept me as his King, or reject me as my ancestor was rejected by his, must be by his choosing, not mine.

I clasp Faramir's hand and call for athelas.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List