Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Glimpses of Middle-earth  by Linda Hoyland

Prompt – Caught Unprepared.

Title –Thine and thy heirs
Author: Linda Hoyland
Characters/Pairing: Faramir, Aragorn
Rating: G
Warnings: None
Book/Source: LOTR book-verse
Disclaimer - These characters all belong to the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien. This story was written for pleasure and not for financial gain.

Steward of Gondor? Faramir had not expected this! He believed he was Steward only until the King took up his rightful office.

He was not born to rule, that was meant to be Boromir's destiny, not his. His father would laugh at their new lord for placing such trust in him, but Elessar too, has the power to see into men's hearts.

Would not his Uncle Imrahil be a better choice, or fis kinsman Lord Húrin?

Yet, may this task is destined for him? Faramir desires only to serve Gondor and my King.
He smiles, and takes back the White Rod.

Title – The Bridegroom
Author: Linda Hoyland
Characters/Pairing: Aragorn, Arwen
Rating: PG13
Warnings: Mild sexual content
Book/Source: LOTR book-verse
Disclaimer - These characters all belong to the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien. This story was written for pleasure and not for financial gain.

After many long years, my love is at last my wife. We are alone beneath the stars.

I yearn to take her in my arms, smother her with fierce kisses and make her wholly mine. I yearn to be as one with her, giving her joy, and the children we yearn for.

Fear seizes me. I am not ready for this! I know nothing of the arts of love. What if I fail to please her? What if she regrets her choice?

Arwen kisses me tenderly. Fire surges through my blood. I may not be prepared, but I am ready!

Title – Ancient Wisdom
Author: Linda Hoyland
Characters/Pairing: Arwen, Ioreth, Eldarion
Rating G
Warnings: None
Book/Source: LOTR book-verse
Disclaimer - These characters all belong to the estate of J.R.R. Tolkien. This story was written for pleasure and not for financial gain.
With thanks to Raksha

Ioreth carefully examined the screaming heir of Elessar "He has colic, my lady, a common enough minor complaint babies suffer from. I will prepare some herbs to soothe him. It surprises me your husband does not know this remedy!"

"He is a great healer, but has spent little time with babies."

Eldarion screamed with renewed vigour. Arwen looked about to burst into tears. "Alas, I cannot help him! I read all my father's books, yet I fear I am ill-prepared to be a mother

Ioreth chuckled. "No mother is ever prepared. my lady. You can only learn from your child."





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List