Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

B2MeM 2012: A Spirit in Shadows  by Mirach

21. Palantír: Fatherly love

The first thing he registered was the scent of soap and herbs (sage and agrimony, his mind automatically named the well-known herbs), and warmth - wonderful warmth spreading in his body. A bath - his mind connected the things with some effort - he's in a hot bath! But where… how did he got into one? After the sensation of warmth, a less pleasant feeling came - the stinging of water in his wounds. He gasped, his body tensing.

"Easy, my son…" a soothing voice reached for his soul, and made him relax. "Yes, that's right. You are safe… Now open your eyes, Estel. Look at me…"

The last thing he remembered was terrible cold and pain. A gale. He was in the mountains. The orcs pursued him, and he broke his leg and couldn't get down into the hidden valley. He was freezing…

With great effort, for his eyelids felt like lead, he opened his eyes, and looked at his father.

Elrond smiled at him. A cup was lowered to his lips, and he took a sip of the liquid. It was sweet and tasted of honey and summer. Miruvor…

He managed to drink a few sips, but then a coughing fit seized him, and he could not catch his breath for a moment. Elrond held his hand on his chest, and the tightness he felt there passed soon. He had no strength to keep the eyes open any longer, but he slipped into sleep with the feeling that he is safe and his father is with him.

Because of Elrond's love, he lived…

His father.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List