Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

To The End of His Days  by GamgeeFest

Dearest Readers and Reviewers, Friends and Fellow Writers,

Well, it's been nearly ten years since that marvelous StraightDope thread that launched me into fan fiction and fandom. It's been an amazing decade (has it really been that long?) and far too short a time to squee amongst such marvelous and admirable writers and reviewers as yourselves. I was not expecting any of this when I first tried my hand at a few nonsense parodies. It was just supposed to be something fun to do so I could say I participated in that historic thread. Next thing I know, I'm writing ficlets. Then I wrote a whole, giant novel because Sam couldn't stop telling Daisy a bedtime story. And the rest, as they say, is history. 

Now I come to the end of the road. I've had a blast and will always treasure this time we spent together. I've been waiting to write and post this particular story for a couple of years now because I always knew this would be my last one. I had hoped to put it off a little longer because there were other stories I wanted to tell, but alas, my muses have gone on to pursue other adventures and I must follow them.

For anyone interested, you can check here on my LJ fic journal where I put up a list of my unfinished stories and ideas, along with some brief descriptions of how I was going to wrap up the various loose threads I've left my universe. They're yours for the taking to do whatever you want to with, so if you see one that appeals to you, take it. Just credit me with the prompt (you don't have to follow through with my ideas for the prompt at all) and leave a link to your story there so I can make the appropriate recommendations.

With greatest love and respect,

Linda (aka GamgeeFest)




<< Back

        

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List