Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Valiant  by Kara's Aunty

Disclaimer: Lord of the Rings belongs to J.R.R. Tolkien, etc. I am only borrowing his characters for this fanfiction and am making absolutely no profit whatsoever from them.

Credit: Thainsbook dot net (formerly tuckborough dot net).

Windfola


How unusual to have such a slight rider! Even in full mail, their weight was significantly less than Windfola was accustomed to.

Not that it was a problem, really. Certainly it would mean more manoeuvrability, if the ride into battle was long enough to allow him time to adjust. It was simply … disconcerting.

At a signal from his rider, he stepped nimbly away from the gathering host. The warrior dismounted and held a low conversation with someone, then returned with the other in tow. Windfola whickered in satisfaction as their combined weight settled on his back.

That was much better.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Author's Note: Poor Windfola deserts them in the end - but only when faced with the horror of the Witch-king of Angmar. And I don't blame him. I would've cacked my pants and made a run for it too, given the same circumstances. In fact, I wouldn't even have lasted that long into the Battle of the Pelennor ...

Kara's Aunty ;)





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List