Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Dear Bandobras  by Le Rouret

Aldamir Son of Castamir, The Red Knight, Dol Galenehtar, Ithilien,

To Dinmor my Seneschal, Amon Din,

Greetings.

I give to you instructions attendant with this note, that you shall give these Elves full comfort and aid in their quest, providing for them fresh horses, or food, or clothing, or whatever else they require, in their labors; they do seek the fate of two Women, Elves and guests of my esteemed and beloved friend Lord Legolas the Green Knight, whom you know well to be a Wise and Gentle Person; these two Women have become lost somehow, and all in Ithilien and Dol Galenehtar have diligently sought them but to no avail; diverse clues have led these sojourners Westward toward our lands, for perchance the Women have traveled so far; strange though it should appear to us, being but Mortals and acquainted solely with our own kin, the Elves as you know are hardy and resilient and there are as I said traces of their passage toward our demesne.  So do you generously give unto them as Lord Legolas and his people have in their largesse and munificence bless us with goods and succor and might of arms, remembering well not only My Friend's great heart and tender spirit upon my hearth but his strong arm and mighty sword upon our fields, where not the once but two times has he come and spilt blood to our benefit.  I need not tell you his Heart aches for the well-being of these Women, and he is seeking South as well, for some traces of their passage go that way in addition to Westward, and there are well over one hundred Elves and Men searching for the Women and for their Fate.  It has been Three Days since their disappearance and the storms abate not nor relent in their wrath, and all are growing apprehensive.

Give unto our ladies' maid the message from my wife Lady Lalanath that all are well and our sons quite happy here; the Elves are gracious and liberal hosts and we want for nothing.

We shall return when passage is safe for my Sons and my Lady Wife.  Keep you in council with these Elves, stout and brave fellows they are, and maintain for me your great works in my absence.

Aldamir Son of Castamir of Amon Din





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List