Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Dear Bandobras  by Le Rouret

Aragorn,

Is there no word concerning the fate of Laustairë and her maid?  It has been five days and all my maids are anxious, though neither were favorites of ours.

Do you and Imrahil yet converse?  He is hungry for talk, that one.  I fear he misses Lothíriel.

Undómiel

 

 

My Undómiel,

There is no word I fear, but I have not yet had the latest dispatch from Amon Din.  And Imrahil is very talkative tonight.

Aragorn

 

 

Aragorn,

Shall I go to Legolas?  He is returned from Linhir and is quite distraught.  Ere he leaves for Osgiliath I might meet with him.

Undómiel

 

 

Undómiel,

Imrahil and I have spoken with Legolas just now; he is grim and angry.  We know Laustairë and Nardanë are capable of travel in such weather but their want of consideration for the composure of others exasperates him.  I believe his impatience arises out of frustration at his failure so far to locate them.

He has sent scouts far into the Druadan but with no result.  Have you heard aught from Éowyn?  Faramir's men Legolas sent back; they are not Elves nor hale enough to withstand this weather.

Aragorn

 

 

Aragorn,

I have heard from Éowyn; all in Osgiliath are calling Laustairë "The Runaway."  I fear Legolas' reputation as a cuckold is secure and I blame him not for his wrath.

Undómiel

 

 

Undómiel,

Is there a particular reason we converse by note?  To my knowledge we are but two floors away and I am pining for my Lady Wife.

Aragorn

 

 

Aragorn,

My chambers are warm but empty and await only My Lord to fill them.

Undómiel

 

 

My Undómiel,

How beautiful you are, and how wise!  Wait for me, my Beloved, by our hearth; when the light fades to dim shall I woo my Lady Wife with tender words and sweet sentiments.

Only allow me some time to escape my guests.  I do not wish to be rude.

Aragorn

 

 

My Beloved Husband,

I await you with fluttering heart and blushing cheek.  And impatience for news as well; has aught been heard from Druadan?

Your Undómiel

 

 

My Beloved Undómiel,

I am anxious for the sight of your face, in which all perfection of loveliness lies.  And no, I have not heard from Druadan.

How I wish Legolas were as happy as I!  A pity it is Laustairë is so aggravating.

Your Husband

 

My Aragorn,

How your tongue sweetens as the years pass!  And yes my husband, I do feel deeply for Legolas as well, though perhaps it is better this way, for I am not sure either Gimli or Bandobras would share him willingly.

On the subject of sharing, when will you shake your guests?

Your Undómiel

 

My Beloved,

Regarding Legolas, I agree.  I still have not heard from the patrols.

I have sent Imrahil to bed.  Let me but cast aside my stately vestments and I shall be with you forthwith.

Your Husband





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List