Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Allergic Reaction  by Mysterious Jedi

Chapter 4-Boring Biology

Disclaimer: It's Tolkien's, but my mind joined many other writers' minds
        and took a vacation to Middle Earth, and I had to follow it.

Elladan showed Estel his reflection in a mirror, saying "You originally were just affected here, but when you scratched, your fingers spread it to there."

"Why are you giving me a speech? You're a trained healer, you should have known better than to play with me in there."

This statement hurt Elladan, for he knew his little brother was right. Rather than dwelling on his guilt, though, he became defensive. "You're a man, you should learn how to take care of yourself a little."

"Then why are you ordering me around?" yelled Estel.

"In the hopes that you would accept what you are told and spare yourself the trouble of learning from experience." replied Elrohir for his brother with an obnoxious calm voice.

Elrond marched in demanding to know the cause of the childish quarreling. After hearing the explanation, which involved more arguing and brothers interrupting each other, he unexpectedly smiled.

"That's an excellent idea. Maybe your debates aren't completely useless, though you proceed with them in an undesirable manner."

The boys looked at each other in confusion. They had neither come to any conclusions nor planned any solutions. "I shall teach you about plants poisonous to men. Then we can mark the dangerous areas of Imladris."

Estel pouted. Elladan and Elrohir attempted to leave but were hindered by their father.

"If you are concerned enough to nag, you should be concerned enough to learn. Elrohir, fetch the book of common poisons"

Estel smirked, the twins sighed, and Elrond gave them each a stern look. They all reluctantly complied to avoid overstepping their Ada's patience.

The next three hours were filled with monotonous lessons about common poisons and allergies and their treatments, followed by brief first aid instruction.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List