Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Love Letters  by Antane

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Paradise

I spent time in paradise today, Sam. The library here is incredible. I discovered it as I was beginning to recover enough to truly enjoy it and I have spent much time here. I have even fallen asleep here, tucked away in a corner, lost in a tale. How many times did we lose ourselves in tales at our favorite trees? Time passes here slowly enough that everything you want to get done, you do and it doesn’t matter if it takes days or weeks or months or years. It is not noticed. I eat and drink and sleep and read and read and read and write and write and write! I am now fluent in Quenya that I can hold any sort of conversation with any Elf. I’ve also tutored many of them in Westorn because I certainly don’t want to forgot how to talk to you when you come!

The historians among my friends, of course, fascinate me the most and I can go on and on with them until my stomach reminds me that I am not an Elf, but a Hobbit and I need more daily sustenance than they do.

What this library sorely lacks though is a history of said hobbits. I am determined to make up for that most regrettable lapse in an Elf’s education just as soon as my own education in Elven history is over. Gandalf is going to help me with the parts I don’t know. It’s going to be a while though I think before I can start that. Or maybe I can do both at the same time. They must know all about the most famousest hobbit of all and I am not talking about myself, dearheart!

Oh, my Sam, it’s so wonderful here!





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List