Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Love Letters  by Antane

Chapter Forty-Two: A Merry Wedding

Well, dear, Mr. Merry finally asked Miss Estella to be his bride and she said yes! Brandy Hall was filled to bursting with all the wedding guests that came today to celebrate. Mr. Merry has never looked happier and Miss Estella made a lovely bride. We all felt you here today, celebrating with us. Mr. Merry said he distinctly heard you say, ‘Finally!’

Oh, dear, I wish I could heard that myself, heard your voice. Sometimes I hear you sing to me when I’m having trouble sleeping. Of course, it doesn’t help me sleep at all at first because I so want to stay awake and just listen to your soft, lovely, loving voice, but in the end it always does the trick anyway and I thank you for that great gift of yourself. My life is so full here, so joyful, I have so much to celebrate, but I want to do it with you too. I just can’t wait to see you again.

Good night for now, dear. Sleep well. I love you, my Frodo. I love you so.

* * *

Finally! I wonder if you heard me say that, my Merry, for I shouted it so loud in my heart and only a little softer out loud when the joy reached me while I was out walking alone in the fields here. All my brothers married now! I ran down the hill in ecstatic abandon, arms wide out at my side. I could have flown. Oh, my Merry, congratulations! And even more congratulations to Estella for being so patient! I gave praise and thanks to Iluvatar for that great gift of knowing your happiness and asked Him to bless you two with joy and children. I get to be an uncle again! I love you, my Merry. Thank you for always being that and my friend and brother, a cherished part of my heart.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List