Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Love Letters  by Antane

Chapter Fifty-Four:  A Fair Wedding

What a day was today, dear! I know I’ve said it many times before, but I wish you were here to see it. I know in so many ways you were, but still, I wish I could have looked into your eyes and seen them dance and seen you dance at this party, with Elanor at her wedding! Such a celebration I don’t think there’s been since Mr. Bilbo’s last party. What joy there was on this lovely summer afternoon that seemed like it would last forever. And what a glorious feast - it snowed food and rained drink! I ate so much I don’t think I’ll need to again until tomorrow night. There were so many toasts and all our lads and lasses were excited to get a sip of ale to celebrate their sister’s joy. And how much of that there is - Elanor shined as bright as the sun today and Fastred was not far behind her. She has grown ever more lovely and today, she was the most fair I have ever seen her and I think she will grow even more beautiful. Fastred courted her for some years and Rose and I watched as she glowed under that love and how happy they made each other and will make each other for years and years to come. Another thing for me to be thankful to you for - this incredible day, spent in peace because of your sacrifices.

I don’t know if I’ll sleep well because I am so exhausted or poorly because I’m still so excited about it all! But goodnight anyway, dear and I hope at least you sleep well. I love you so much.

* * *

Oh, my dear Sam, what wonderful thing happened today? I felt such joy flood out of you. I haven’t heard a new song begin as I do when Iluvatar has blessed you and Rose with another lad or lass, but I have been listening to an older melody beginning to grow in importance that I’ve wondered about it. And I felt Elanor’s joy also. I have not felt anything like that before. Don’t tell me that enough time has gone by that she’s married now?! Oh, my brother, I hope that is so! I would be so thrilled for you to have received that as another reward for all you did to help me achieve the Quest. You’ll have to tell me all about it when you come. Now I’m going to put down my pen and sing out my joy to Iluvatar and in Hall of Fire and do a little jig around my favorite tree just to celebrate!





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List