Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

A Healer of Hearts  by Frodo Baggins

A/N: Well, I'm back. Finally! I know this chapter is not very long,(okay, okay,it's puny) but...well...I need some inspiration for this story and I was really itching to write more of FOTR (Um, my story "The Forging of the Ringbearer", not the Fellowship of the Ring. And no, I did not do that on purpose.) But anyway, here it is! ;) - ~Frodo Baggins~

CHAPTER FIVE

"Sam!" Frodo called loudly, thinking Sam was in the kitchen on the other side of the house.

"No need to shout, Mr. Frodo, I’m right here." Frodo jumped at the voice close behind him.

"Sam, you startled me. I thought you were in the kitchen. Is there anything else that needs to be done before Halmir arrives?"

"No, sir. The guest bedroom is ready."

"The sheets were changed?"

"Yes, sir."

"And..."

Sam chuckled. "Mr. Frodo, why don’t you inspect it yourself, and then go take a walk around the city to settle your nerves. Halmir won’t be here for another hour or so."

"Thank you, Sam. I’ll do that."

*~*~*~*~*~*

It was perfect. The room was painted a cheery blue, the colour of a light summer sky. White lacy curtains framed a view of the gardens. The bed looked soft and inviting. Vases of bright flowers were placed on the window sill, on top of the chest of drawers, and on the bedside table. Satisfied, Frodo left the Guest house to walk about the city.

The city was bustling with activity. Frodo preferred not to walk in the crowded streets, so he took a back alley. It lead him to a part of the city he had never been before. This part of the city was still in rubble. No one lived here. It was one of the lower parts of Minas Tirith and had gotten hit the hardest. Like a sudden shadow on a sunny day, this was vivid reminder that there were still hurts to heal. Frodo remembered that he had to be back and was just turning to leave, when he heard a strange noise. His Baggins curiosity was roused, and he cautiously approached a heap of rubble that was moving. The Hobbit carefully cleared away some of the rubble to reveal a small puppy.

"Why, you poor little dear! How...you’re all alone. Here..." Frodo scooped up the small bundle of brown, dust covered fur and held it close to him. The pup yapped and whined. "You’re hungry, I’ll bet. Well, Sam will fix you something nice. And..." Frodo stopped mid-sentence. He suddenly had an idea. Halmir would be awfully lonely. He couldn’t walk around too much right away, and so would be stuck in the house a lot. Surely he would be bored. Unless he had a friend who could stay with him at all times. Someone to care for, and to love him back. A puppy would be perfect! Frodo rushed home.

"What have you got there, Mr. Frodo?"

Frodo proudly held out the now quiet pup. "It’ s for Halmir. He was abandoned, and I’m sure Halmir would love something to care for."

"Why, that’s an excellent idea, Mr. Frodo! I’m glad you thought of it! He’s such a cute little thing. But...if you don’t mind me sayin’ so, you should probably hurry and give it a bath. I’ll fix it something to eat. Probably starving, poor little thing." Sam said as he hurried off to the kitchen. Frodo smiled to himself as he went to draw a bath. He knew Sam would take to little dog right away. And he was right.

However, he would have to hurry, for Halmir would arrive any minute!

*~*~*~*~*~*

TBC...yea!

Copyright 2006 Frodo Baggins





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List