Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

Sentiment's Turn  by Mysterious Jedi

Chapter 2: Hidden Heritage

Disclaimer: Gondor belongs to Aragorn…er, I mean, Tolkien

A/N: Short chapter, but at least I updated soon. Thank you, reviewers. I treasure your encouragement in a way only fellow writers understand, as many of you do I suspect J !)

"Have you any friends or family in Minas Tirith?" the king asked.

"Nay, There is no one in Gondor that would shelter me."

"Then I shall find you a job. What skills do you have?"

"Not many. I used to sew clothes for my people, and I made the dress I’m wearing now."

"Come with me."

King Elessar led Violet to where Frodo and Sam were sitting.

"Frodo, Samwise, may I present Violet. Violet, these are Samwise and Frodo, the most valiant among all the free peoples of Middle Earth. They destroyed the ring of power and defeated Sauron."

Violet curtsied. "I am more grateful then you shall ever know."

"Violet," said Aragorn, "I would like you to take the measurements of these two and make for them clothing of fine silk and linen."

"We are well provided for already," Sam said, "although Mr. Frodo deserves the finest clothing there is."

"Indeed, I shall make it for both of you to the best of my ability," Violet said.

As she took their measurements, Sam told of how his master had hiked through Mordor with only orc-rags for clothing. Both hobbits noticed that she became tense at the mention of orcs. They suspected that she must have some personal, tragic memories that she was not revealing. The kind-hearted hobbits resolved to speak of the matter with King Elessar.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List