Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

My Collection of Drabbles   by Periantari

All Hallows Night

Brighter than usual costumes marked the diminutive little hobbit lads and lasses going out to trick-or-treat in the night in which all were out and about going from smial to smial in search for nice treats to indulge in. The little Shirelings were dressed as various animals, dragons, their version of Elven folks, and had even dwarf-like costumes with beards hanging from the little chins of hobbit-lads. Held tightly by the hand and led by elder hobbits, the younger hobbit children were guided and watched over carefully.

The air was cool, yet not cold, and the autumn leaves littered the floor with red, orange and gold colors. It was nearly twilight; the light from the sun refracted by the earth's atmosphere gave a gleam of splashing the sky with light pinks and oranges. It was the perfect weather and time to go all around the Shire to collect sweets to their hearts’ content.

The stranger who watched from a distant bush concealed, sighed in contentment, glad for the peacefulness and good joy that All Hallow's Eve brought to these wondrous, simple folk.

May they always be at peace, happy and content in Middle-Earth,” thought the Ranger. May Eru bless their innocent souls.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List