Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search

The Michel Delving Mathom House  by Periantari

Summary: What did Rosie think when Sam approached him at the Green Dragon? Movie-verse
A/N- Written for gamgeefest's birthday in August '05.

The Fuel for the Fire

His eyes had met mine the instant that he came into the lively and crowded main room of the Green Dragon. His gentle hazel eyes peered at me shyly yet illuminated what I had so longed for this past year; tender love sparkled in his eyes, and his look of determination was evident as it gradually changed into a smile. His eyes never left mine even as he toasted Frodo, Merry and Pippin on their first time back to the Green Dragon after their great adventure.

After he had taken a long sip of ale, he placed his mug gently down, his eyes looking directly at me now and he made a beeline to the entrance to the bar stand where I was standing. He gently placed his strong arms around my waist and looking directly into my eyes, I could do nothing but meet his glance and smile longingly back at him.

And all the long waiting, anticipation and missing feelings that had pervaded my mind this past year dissolved into this moment and made me feel like it was all worth it to wait for him, as his lips touched my ears, whispering shyly into my ears,

“Do you want to marry me, dear Rosie Cotton?”

And at that moment, it didn’t matter how many hobbits were watching us at the Green Dragon. Without thinking I hugged Sam back tightly and just let my lips gingerly meet his and made sure that my kiss would answer the question for him.





<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List