Stories of Arda Home Page
About Us News Resources Login Become a member Help Search
swiss replica watches replica watches uk Replica Rolex DateJust Watches

The Michel Delving Mathom House  by Periantari

“You must show Beregond mercy, Strider,” Pippin addressed Strider who was tending to him in Cormallen.

“Dear hobbit, I’m surprised that you are still thinking back to the dark time at the Pyre,” Aragorn was brewing another tea for Pippin’s hurts.  “Tell me, what’s on your mind about that,” Aragorn placed the tea aside as it cooled.

“Well, first of all, he acted out of love for Faramir and you must admit that it takes bravery to do what he did.  Secondly, I do not think Denethor was in his right mind at all. Beregond had to leave his post to do all he could to save Faramir.  Also, he slayed the other guard because of fear.  It is easy to be fearful of that time.  I would not give him too harsh of a penalty if I was King, but of course I am not, so it is for you to say.”

“I will not be too hasty in my decision but murder and striking against your own is a serious penalty and needs to be addressed, Pippin.  I know now that he acted out of love for his Captain, Faramir. I will also speak to him more about this when I return to Minas Tirith.”

“Just remember, Strider, Beregond only acted to save Faramir. We need Faramir in these times, don’t we?”

“Yes, partnering up with Faramir would be most wise in order to rebuild Gondor.  We will seek his advice on what must be done for Beregond.  There is much to decide.  As for you, I will keep your words in mind too, Knight of Gondor.”

“I prefer, ‘Prince ’, frankly, Strider,” said Pippin with a grin.

“Now have your tea and you will get better to serve us again!” said Aragorn, handing the mug to Pippin.




<< Back

Next >>

Leave Review
Home     Search     Chapter List